Monday, October 25, 2010

Commitment Ceremony Reflection

This past weekend was The Inn's first commitment ceremony and I can honestly say I am sad that it has come and gone. I know that many people have an issue with this concept and if I am being totally open and honest I did too just a few short years ago. However I have done much soul searching over the last year and a half and have come to the realization that what this world doesn't have enough of is LOVE based on being true to your heart. What I saw this weekend was an overwhelming amount of love from family & friends to the couple. There were same sex & straight couples mingling together for a common goal of celebrating the love M&M share. My heart has been deeply touched by these amazing women and their family & friends. They included me in and allowed me a glimpse into a celebration that really looked no different than any other celebration. A couple deeply in love, family by their side, amazing friends....what everyone who is totally in tune with their heart wants!!! So I am blessed to walk away from this past weekend with a greater desire to celebrate LOVE NO MATTER THE PACKAGE!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amazing story, Morgan! It makes me happy to see that there are still people in this world who can allow love to be celebrated! I am pleased you had the opportunity to offer your lovely inn for their special day!!